We are delighted that the Scottish Government has announced that we can open again, subject to us adhering to the guidance issued to self-catering operators.
We recognise that many of our guests have been shielding these past few months and may have concerns about coming to stay here. We are therefore changing some of our policies and procedures to make sure we continue to provide holiday accommodation in a peaceful relaxing environment, and in the safest way possible.
Some changes we are making at Crathie Opportunity Holidays
- Pre-arrival we will get in touch by phone or e-mail to confirm the number of guests and take their contact details for the NHS Test and Protect programme.
- On arrival, we will leave your cottage door unlocked and the keys on the kitchen table. A member of staff will phone to check you have settled in, and to make sure you have everything you need.
- During your stay there is a one-way system around the Garden Room for access to the Laundry Room so that we can maintain social distancing.
- On changeover days we will be doing a deep clean of your cottage and will sanitise it throughout with anti-virus/anti-bacterial spray. We therefore request departure by 10 am and arrival from 4.30 pm to take account of the enhanced cleaning procedures.
- To reduce risk of infection we request that you strip your bedding and leave it and your towels in the bags provided in your cottage.
- For your convenience, we will leave the cottage information book and visitor attractions book in the cottage, but we request that you do not remove any pages/leaflets from the poly pockets. These books will be sanitised during changeover. We have removed all loose leaflets and menus from the cottages.
- In the Garden Room, Laundry Room and Log Cabin, there is a sanitising station and disposable gloves. Please wear gloves when browsing, and if you take anything to your cottage please do not return it during your stay but leave it in your cottage on departure, ready to be sanitised.
- If someone from another cottage is using any of the indoor spaces, we respectfully ask that you wait until the room is empty before going in.
- The use of the BBQ will need to be booked at the office, and any tools used should be placed in a bin bag after cooling and left outside the office door to allow for sanitising before use by other guests.
There is a book in your cottage containing all the information and procedures relating to COVID-19 including our risk assessments and cleaning checklists.